Friday, June 01, 2007

The modern economic machine

In the old days if you taught someone, they would owe you.
Have you heard of eklayva?
These days people will learn from you and forget you.
We live in a world where children kick their parents out of their homes and students mock their teachers.

Funny how the world changes.
Thats why in the modern age we have something called money. Its an easy way to track favours.
In the old days when people lived in villages and everyone knew everyone it was a different story. You could easily track favors, you had barter, you had a social heirarchy of respect.
These days we have money.
However since most people are not comfortable paying atleast try not to waste too much of my time either?
If I am a TA and you are a TA we don't have much to offer each other, we can waste time arguing about levels we will get no where.
If you are a technical analyst the first thing u need to do to get on my good books is to offer me knowledge/information. Failiure to give something before u ask for something just puts you on the wrong side of my lists.
I have already programmed stuff that does in 1 minute same amount of work which a technical analyst will do in 1 hour.
Are you a good programmer? Then you can automate the process...
Who would like to give me code that rips fundamental data+news from asiancerc/idbi/icicidirect/kotak/indiabulls etc any one of those sites?
Anyone? for free?? :)
I'll trade an automated fundamental ripper with full source for a copy of elder's tripple screen with full source!! I have no issues with barter. I just expect my work to be treated with the same respect as yours. Of course if you are not working hard.... then the problem lies with you, not with me or my attitudes.

If I am a technical analyst and you are a fundamental analyst then we can collaborate.
If you are a budding technical/fundamental analyst and you don't know how to program either but you still wish to learn I have lots of chores you can do.
Want one?? go to icicidirect convert all multex estimates/brokerage ratings fy08/fy09 for fno stocks into a spreadsheet. This info is already available out there in clean formats with some people and yet I have not been offered this info by anyone.
I am just about the only idiot on this planet who gives information/knowledge to people for free. Not even info i am giving away knowledge. 10x more powerful than pure info.

Ever heard of apprenticeships? That is how the arts are learned, and TA is much more an Art than an exact science.
Seriously if I were to ask people to do this 1 simple task for me. No one would do it. Exactly why should I be helping people with levels or TA ????
I don't feel like refusing people when they ask me to allow them to add then I don't feel like refusing when they ask for levels.

Next person who comes and asks me for a favour is going to get bashed up. Before you ask me for something , you need to know what you can offer.

a) if you want trading levels give me a funda report (i want an executive summary fy08eps/fy09/p.e/p.e.g/any fundamental stories, capacity expansions)/earth shattering news (M&A/takeover/buyback all qualify)
MAIL ME THE INFO FIRST , then ask for the levels
b) If you want a book or information, suggest one book or idea to me that I don't already know and I will offer you 2 books/ideas.
c) Do not bother me during market hours or you get deleted from my list.
Bug me after market or before market not during market.
d) If my levels and systems work, why on gods green earth would i give u any useful info? Simple a) out of the goodness of my heart b) fuel my ego/self confidence c) to build a reputation d) you are the guinea pig :) e) to get something in return, a/b/c/d/e? all of the above..
If you wish to learn from me then you need to come up with a good gameplan.
I have found that 80% of people will stop asking for free help if I ask them to do even a small chore :). The remaining 20% are the ones who will make it because they have the right attitude.
"You only get what you give"
"You only reap what you sow"


Fair??
Good.
Now i need to keep a link to this post in my standard cut and paste responses.

No comments: